Saturday, February 28, 2009

mlk day

i took a walk into downtown portland today
today is Martin Luther King Day
quietly, as usual, i observed and listened the downtown
a bit of depression ran through me today
feeling lonesome again
at least i can justify, not knowing a soul in the city
this city is windy and cold
absolutely perfect for me
i wandered into a mall that had an ice skating rink inside
i stopped and watched
round and round
fall after fall
they always got back up
seeing this made me smile
once i got to thinking
every smile i feel is because of myself
my own thoughts
im far past alone
all that rejection just falls right off me
times like these i say to myself
"thank god for making people and days like this"
Martin Luther King.. Martin Luther King Day.
thank you, because you were such a wonderful person
once again
i smile

No comments:

Post a Comment